There are a lot of wedding trends that might impact the decisions you make in planning your reception, but it’s natural to want to do at least a few things differently. Trying something unique makes your wedding more personal and can be a fun surprise for guests. We always encourage our guests to have some fun, even if you don’t want to invite the storm troopers for a bit of levity. Whether you have an indoor or outdoor wedding, try some of these unique reception ideas to make your wedding that much more special:
- Memory Lane: Old photos are a pleasant way to reminisce and show off your love story. Create a slideshow or print photos with friends and family, with your significant other, or any snapshots that have meaning to you. It’s a fun display for guests to enjoy and an instant conversation starter as they remember old times.
- Unusual Entertainment: How you choose to entertain your guests is a crucial part of the reception. Choose something unexpected: a photo booth, a fortune teller, a dance instructor, or arcade games are just a few examples.
- Dessert Buffet: If you want to skip the traditional cake, try a unique dessert buffet. Offering various options is better for guests who each have their specific tastes. Try donuts, cupcakes, ice cream, and more.
- Wine or Beer Tasting: Make cocktail hour even more special by offering flights of beer or wine. Bonus points if you can find selections that are all local. Guests love to try something new, and you could even supply paper for them to make notes on their favorites.
- Lounge Areas: Receptions are a place where old friends and family get together and catch up. Give them a comfortable, cozy spot to take a break and chat. Couches and tables with drinks or snacks nearby are a great option. Bring a touch of elegance to your wedding with a live cocktail hour, complemented by a harpist/violist playing live music.
- Cigar Bar: Cigar lovers will enjoy a cigar bar during cocktail hour, providing a selection of cigars to that your guests can choose to smoke.
- Pet-Friendly: Don’t leave your fur-baby at home. Some venues, like Eastlyn Golf Course & The Greenview Inn, allow your favorite four-legged friends to attend the reception well. Set up an area for friendly dogs to relax and stay safe…where they’ll put a smile on guests’ faces and maybe even get a few extra ear scratches that night!
With the right local wedding venue, you’ll have the perfect space to create the wedding of your dreams. We have a selection of spaces for the size and ambiance you’d like, and our all-inclusive package makes planning easy. Give us a call at (856) 691-5558 for an estimate.